For faster invoicing, you can now import lines from any type of spreadsheet into your invoice.
All you have to do is follow the steps below:
Step 1 is to click on ‘Import Lines’
Step 2 ‘Upload file’
Once you have chosen the file, upload it by clicking the button indicated below.
After you upload it, you must associate the import file with the fields in the list of displayed invoice lines. You can set from here the unit of measure, quantity, unit price, VAT, etc. making the selection from the boxes indicated with arrows, or leave free and complete after the import.
Then click on ‘Import selected lines’
and your lines will appear as shown in the image below, according to your settings.
Finish the rest of the settings and get the invoice is ready!
When there will be 15 days left from your promotional period of your account at factureaza.ro, you will receive an e-mail with information about what’s next, but also a personalized contract for the subscription that is suggested to you. The contract is attached so that you can read it to make an informed decision, not needing any action from you at that time. It must NOT be signed or stamped, it must not be printed or scanned.
After the promotional period you can you can choose one of our subscriptions (not just the one suggested in the email), or you can keep your free account, but with various limitations.
Read details about features and prices here: https://factureaza.ro/preturi.
At the end of the promotional period you will be able to accept the direct online contract within the factureaza.ro application. You will be able to choose the type of subscription and the payment period. The chosen subscription will take effect immediately.
Two essential details you should know, once you’ve chosen a paid subscription:
Using our WooCommerce plugin you can issue and submit invoices for your online store orders.
After installing WordPress and the WooCommerce module, you can add the F4 plugin from the WordPress admin interface, specifically in Plugins > Add New. Click on ‘Upload Plugin’ then ‘Choose File’ where we select the file with the zip extension as in the following image:
Click ‘Install Now’ then ‘Activate Plugin’.
If you want to install the plugin using an FTP client or test it on localhost, you can install it by following the steps:
- Unzip the file with the zip extension
- You connect to the server using an FTP client
- Browse to the folder where you installed WordPress and then to the wp-content / plugins folder and upload the contents of the file with the zip extension
- In the WordPress admin interface, click Plugins> Installed Plugins and click ‘Activate’.
- Using the plugin (configuring, authenticating and issuing invoices)
After installing the plugin on the right side, the plugin name will appear in the navigation bar. If you click on it youwill be able to login with an API key generated from the factureaza.ro application from ‘User profile’, the ‘API Key’ tab, then click on the green button ‘Generate a key’.
Now you can copy the generated API key and use it for authentication in the WooCommerce plugin.
In the Settings tab of the F4 plugin you must specify the series of invoices (existing in the billing application) by prefix and suffix, and the year will be set by default.
You can check or uncheck the following checkboxes depending on your preferences. If, for example, you want the invoice to be automatically invoiced after each order, check the first box, and if you want to send the invoice generated in the invoice by e-mail, tick the second box.
If you do not choose to generate the invoices automatically, there are two options::
- you can generate the invoice for each order
- you can select multiple orders for which we will generate invoices from the WooCommerce orders tab
In order to generate invoices, for each order you have to activate from the screen options the action column as in the following image, and then the button for generating invoices will be visible.
To generate invoices for multiple orders, you can select the orders and go to Bulk Actions where you select ‘Generate Invoices’, then click ‘Apply’.
After generating the invoices, these will be visible in the F4> F4 tab (where we initially logged in) as links to factureaza.ro application.
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
For the proper functioning of the WooCommerce module, it is important to meet the following conditions:
- the minimum required version of wordpress is 4.7.0
- the minimum required WooCommerce version is 3.0.0.
Keep up the good work!
We offer you two layout options:
- Simplified dashboard (where are no graphics, no logs or statistics)
You can make the setting in ‘User profile’
Then ‘Preferences and from the ‘User Interface Layout’ you set the option you want. Save by clicking ‘Update User’
The simplified dashboard will look like the image below:
For your subscribers not to be taken by surprise when you issue the invoices to them, we have implemented a feature that you can notify them before the invoice is issued.
In the add recurrent or edit recurrent form, click on „Advanced settings” then check the box „Send notifications before the invoices are issued”, to activate it.
After checking the box, fill in the fields that open to set the notification details:
Do not forget to save!
Click here for more details about adding a new recurrent.
Click here for more details about automatically issuing invoices when running the recurrents.
You can always upgrade to one of the paid subscriptions. The procedure is very simple and takes only two minutes, everything is done online.
To do this, follow the steps:
- Choose from the ‘My Company’ main menu, then ‘factureaza.ro Subscription’
- Choose your subscription type and payment interval
- Confirm your acceptance of the contract after reviewing it
You will receive a copy of the contract by e-mail. It enters into force immediately, so you will have instant access to the facilities offered by your chosen subscription.
The invoice will be issued automatically on the 15th of the month.
The law says that all natural or legal persons engaged in income generating activities, are required to ensure an internal numbering system of financial accounting forms used. It must be done at the beginning of each financial year (which in Romania coincides with the beginning of the calendar year), you have to define a series for invoices, proforms and receipts that you will issue to your customers in that year.
Various applications allow stamp and / or scanned signature to be placed on invoices. We consider this function to be unnecessary, so factureaza.ro does not offer this feature for the following reasons:
– signing and invoices stamping, is no longer mandatory under the fiscal code in force. (go to Article 155, paragraph 6 of the Fiscal Code)
– placing a scanned image on a document has no legal value in a possible dispute.
We believe that the introduction of this function would mean encouraging a wrong and legally suspect practice.
If an invoice has to be signed / stamped, you will need to print it and send it to the client.
The factureaza.ro application allows you to activate the account activity report and the monthly total invoiced.
To activate, follow the steps:
Click on ‘Configurations’;
Then ‘Periodic reports’;
Here you can enable the periodic report that include detailed information about the activity of the users within this account, by clicking the box shown in the image.
Set the e-mail and the frequency.
Follow the same procedure with the Amounts invoiced Monthly report, except that in this case, we set the reporting period and the report creation day.
E.g. 1: if the reporting period is 1 month and the day is 10, then on February 10th you receive the report for January 1-31.
E.g. 2: if the period is 3 months and the day is 15th, then on 15th of April you get the report for the period January 1st – March 31st.
Do not forget to save!
You are probably familiar with the manual recurrents running function of your subscriptions, a function that automatically issues invoices to the clients included in that recurrents, but with previous confirmation.
The application now offers the possibility of automatic running, that means invoicing without previous confirmation.
Do this by clicking ‘Add’, then ‘Recurrent’,
Complete all invoicing settings:
- Invoicing interval
- Invoicing mode
- Issue day
- Auto-run time
- Series prefix
- Series suffix (not mandatory)
To automatically run invoices (without previous confirmation), check the box in the picture below.
Once you’ve finished making all your settings, click the ‘Create recurrent’ button.
To create an invoice and a receipt on the same sheet, follow the same steps as when you want to make an invoice (find out here how to add an invoice).
When you create the invoice, under the invoice fields, select ‘Template & Design’ as shown:
If you want to set this option by default, in ‘Configurations’, select ‘Templates’. Here click on the ‘invoice and receipt on the same sheet’ template:
Once you have completed the required invoice and receipt details, they will look like the following:
The free subscription does not allow you to issue of more than 5 documents per month. Paid subscriptions allow you to exceed the number of documents included. The price for each document that exceeds the number of documents included is 1 leu.
If you exceed the number of documents, you will be immediately notified in the top of the pafe of the additional costs:
You can always check your current account status by going to ‘My company’ -> ‘factureaza.ro Subscription’
One of the biggest plus of the new application is the ability to use the application in English, so it becomes an application that everyone understands.
How can you do it?
Click on ‘User profile’, then ‘Preferences’.
In this window you have the option to select English, the default language being Romanian. English also remains set to a new login.
The new app, alongside other new features, also offers the possibility to change the interface by following the steps below.
Click on ‘User profile’, then ‘Preferences’:
After you click on ‘User interface theme’, the user interface change option appears. Here are two types of interface available:
- Compact (condensed display)
- Standard Theme for the User interface
- Minimal (bare metal user interface)
The theme will also be set to a new login. The compact theme helps you get more comfortable with your new app, making it look like the old app, also, the minimal.
Once you have selected the desired option, do not forget to save the information by clicking ‘Update user’.
Regardless of the type of subscription paid to us, it is good to know that you can always go to the free subscription.
To do this, follow the steps in the following images:
Note! Once you switch to a free subscription, a number of services you receive under the paid subscription will be withdrawn. These are displayed in a window that opens immediately after you select ‘FREE’:
For more details on what’s included in the free subscription, click here.
If the invoices you send to your customers exceed the due date, you can use the automatic debt collection feature. For debt collection services we work with STRAETUS.
To subscribe to STRAETUS, click on the user icon, then ‘Integrated Services’ and choose ‘General Information’ or ‘Debt collection’ as shown below:
Once you click on the ‘Straetus Debt Collection’ button, a page will open in which you need to fill in contact details for your debt collector agent.
If you click on ‘Debt Collection’, the contact completion page will open directly for collaboration with your debt collector agent.
Once you have confirmed the activation of the debit collection service, a member of the STRAETUS team will contact you.
If you create an invoice containing a position for which you enter the total value (and not the unit price of the position) because of the calculation method and the rounding for ‘Unit Price (VAT excluded)’, ‘Total VAT’ and ‘Total’, there may be a difference of $0.01 (1 cent) between the total position and the total amount of the invoice.
The explanation for these situations is the way of rounding amounts with 4 decimal places (representing the total without VAT calculated with 4 decimals) to two decimal values.
Rounding for 4 decimal places such as 16.8786, 16.8756, 16.8751 to a value of 2 decimal places will be 16.88 obvious, because each of those three values is closer to 16.88 than 16.87.
Also rounding for values with 4 decimals such as 16.8726, 16.8746, 16.8749 to a value of 2 decimal places will be 16.87 obvious, because each of those three values is closer to 16.87 than 16.88.
But for values like 16.7750 ‘approximation’ or difference to 16.78 is the same as the difference to 16.88 – and in these cases you can select the rounding mode.
To solve this kind of situation, our application offers the possibility to select the rounding mode for calculating the total value without VAT.
The app is set up by adding up – by default, opening the ‘Advanced Settings’ section also allows for ‘Missing (Down)’ option.
By selecting ‘Missing (Down)’
The result is:
The option must be selected before editing the unit price.
When and how I get the invoice?
Invoices for the factureaza.ro subscriptions are issued on the 15th, before the invoicing period. For example, if your subscription starts in January, your invoice will be issued on December 15th. If you exceed the number of documents included in the subscription, we will invoice them at the end of the month – but only after you have collected at least 20 RON invoiced.
Invoices are sent *exclusively by e-mail*. Signing and stamping are no longer required so we do not send invoices by post – it is enough to print the invoice received by e-mail and you can enter it in the accounting.
How can I pay the invoice?
*The subscription can be paid by bank transfer to the account specified on the invoice.
What happens if I delay the payment ?
We know that it is very unpleasant to need to issue an invoice and you can not for various reasons. We do not want to add other reasons, so we are practicing a policy that we hope to reduce as much as possible the blocking of accounts for non-payment.
- Invoices due term is 15 days
- we notify you 3 days before the invoice becomes due so you have time to pay it in due time. We resend weekly notification until the invoice is paid.
- if you do not pay an invoice, 7 days after due date you will not be able to add new invoices; you have access to any feature in the app
- if you make the payment, you can enter it yourself and your account will automatically unlock; just follow the steps of the short-therm unlocking.
Note! If you are late for more than 20 days after the due date, your account will be blocked and you will only be able to access it after you have paid.
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD
Do not forget that you can pay your invoices also by credit card. This way, you make the payment immediately and it will be registered automatically, so you do not have any interruptions.
You can access the online payment link, from the warning text.
Then ‘Pay online’ from the new opened window.
You can reach the online payment link from ‘My company’, then ‘factureaza.ro Subscription’.
Payment is fully secured through mobilpay.ro/ services, in the invoice currency. In the example below, in lei.
To export multiple invoices in SAGA, you must:
- Go to the ‘Reports’ menu, then ‘Invoices’;
*using search criteria, generate the invoices report you want to export (for example, all invoices issued so far);
*click on ‘SAGA’ link, above the result list;
2. From the ‘Reports’ menu, then ‘Invoices’, check the box next to the invoices you want, then click ‘Export’ and ‘Export Saga’ above the result list.
*A zip archive will be generated with all of these invoices;
*Save and unzip the zip file. Remember the director where you unzipped it;
*Then go to ‘SAGA’ and import the files from the directory where you unzipped the zip file.
3. You can also download Saga invoices from the ‘Reports’ menu, then ‘Invoices’, check the box next to the invoices, then click ‘Download’ and ‘Saga’ above the result list.
Details of Saga accounting programs: (external) www.sagasoft.ro
Integrations and related applications Saga on: (external) forumul sagasoft.ro
There are two ways to delete an invoice:
1. An invoice can be deleted from Invoices report (as you can see in the image below).
2. An invoice can be deleted from the invoice details preview page. The option can be found in the left-side of the invoice (see the image below).
What should I pay attention at?
The invoice deletion is *irrevocable*. The data will be lost and can not be recovered.
Deletion should be used only in exceptional cases; *invoice cancelling or reversing is recommended* instead of deletion, especially if the invoice has already been sent to the customer or to the accounting.
Deleting an invoice will leave a gap in the series of invoices it belongs to. For example, if you have invoices 100, 101 and 102 and delete invoice 101, number 101 will no longer be automatically assigned. You will need to manually set the number when you issue the next invoice to keep the batch sequence.
If you delete the last invoice in a series, its number will automatically be assigned to the next invoice
Here you can find information about deleting invoices: how do I delete an invoice series.
An invoice series can be deleted only if there is no associated document. Before deleting it, you must delete all the documents saved using that series.
Read more about invoices deletion here: how do I delete an invoice.
Series deletion is made from the main menu ‘Configurations’ – ‘Series’. Only the erasable series will have the deletion button.
You can issue invoices on the factureaza.ro in the following languages: German, English, Italian, Spanish, French and Hungarian.
To issue invoices in any of the above languages, follow these steps:
– Click ‘+ Add’ then ‘Invoice’
– Select the foreign language in the right box:
– completes the invoice with the other necessary data;
– you will continue to work in Romanian, but at a PDF view, the invoice will appear in the selected foreign language.
The same steps apply to proforms, receipts and notices.
Other useful links:
The first page that opens after you log in is ‘Home’. Here you see a list of the latest documents, broken down by category. Use tabs to browse through invoices, proforms, receipts, and notices. You can also see the situation over the past three months with regarding the invoiced amount, payments and overdue amount, as well as the total invoiced evolution and receipts over the past 6 months, grouped by week.
Sometimes, however, these lists are too long and take too long to find something. Under these circumstances, we advise you to use search options.
You can define default settings and messages for sending documents by e-mail:
– if the invoice is due
– payment confirmation
– simple sending of the invoice
You can access the function from the ‘Configurations’ main menu, then from the ‘Notification settings’ submenu:
Each message can be configured in multiple languages and the language will be chosen according to the costumer origin country.
Some replacements will be made in the message text so you can customize your message with your data, invoice data, according to your client.
You can manually send a reminder message about a due invoice by e-mail, or you can set up the system to automatically send due invoices by email to clients.
Details of how you can manually send the message can be found here: how do I send an invoice by e-mail.
Automatically due invoices sending
From the ‘Configurations’ section, you can set up automatically sending due invoices by email.
You can set how many days before / after the due date to begin sending and if / how often to resubmit until the payment. You save much time because you no longer have to send manual notifications and your clients will pay faster because it will be impossible to overlook the invoices sent by you.
You can configure the message to be sent automatically. Read more here.
An invoice can be sent very easily to the customer by e-mail. You can do it in several ways:
- from invoices report
- from the invoice details view page
- Downloading the invoice in PDF format and sending it using your favourite e-mail client (outlook, thunderbird, etc)
Invoices can also be sent automatically by email. More details about this feature can be found here: how to send due invoices by e-mail.
- Invoice sending from invoices report
From any invoicing list you can quickly send an invoice by email. In the invoice report, on the same line as the invoice number, at the end of it, you find the option to send the invoice by e-mail. If the invoice is already due, the reminder message will be used.
Or, you can select your wanted invoice, then click the ‘Send’ button, which will appear above the invoicing list after the selection:
- Invoice sending from details page
In the left menu, you can access the email features. Depending on the invoice status, you have:
- payment reminder message — if the invoice is overdue
- payment confirmation message — if the invoice is paid
- simple invoice sending message
In all cases, the invoice will be attached to the email in PDF format.
- Invoices downloading (saving)
If you want to use your email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail etc) to send an invoice, you can download it in PDF format on your computer from the invoice details page.
*Sending a set of invoices by e-mail*
To send multiple invoices at a later time, you can select all invoices by ticking ‘Invoice Date’ or one at a time, then you can download them using your email client or send them directly from the application, as shown in the picture below:
Use the invoicing filter to select the invoices you want (e.g., for a specific period or for a particular customer), then generate the report and download them in the formats in the image.
You can configure the messages that are used to email the invoice. Find out more here: how to define messages on e-mail sending.
VAT appears on invoices issued by you *only if your company is VAT payer *.
To mark your company as a VAT payer, go to ‘My Company’ from the top right menu, then change your company details by checking ‘VAT Payer’.
*Note*: invoices already saved will not take over these changes. Find details by clicking here.
- Add a notice
– Click on ‘+Add’ and select ‘Notice’
– Fill in the notice data with the relevant details
– Save the notice as a draft first and, after making sure all the information is correct, save it as issued.
- Once you’ve saved your notice, click ‘Generate invoice’ in the options box to the left of the notice
- Follow the usual steps for adding an invoice.
*Other important information:*
– your company data is automatically populated (find out here how to enter company data).
-the notice number will automatically populate after you define a series (find out here how to define a document series)
– you can describe the product or service by hand or you can add a product or service from the product list from factureaza.ro (find out here how to add a new product / service or how to import a product / services list from your computer.
– if you select a product from the list of products in the product description, then the unit of measure and the price will be automatically filled
– find out here how to enter discounts on your invoice
– as a note, you can write, for e.g., ‘according to contract no. X in DD.MM.YYYY’
– find out here how to set default values, to automate even more the process of issuing a document (information such as due date, exchange rate, emitter etc. will be generated automatically whenever you issue a document).
– find out here how to change the notice design / template .
If you want to give your customer a discount, you can do this directly from the application. On the one hand, there is no need to calculate the discount by hand; on the other hand, you can better highlight a promotional discount on the invoice.
All you have to do is to check the ‘Discounts’ box, which is under the invoices fields:
– then write down the discount (loyalty discount, for example)
– and write the percentage that is reduced from the total invoice amount
Here you find the prices list.
Factureaza.ro is a subscription-based service. You only pay for how long you use the service. The invoice is issued monthly, or you can choose to pay in advance with the following discounts: You get a 10% discount for 12 months, 7.5% for 6 months and 5% for 3 months. Due to bank charges, the Basic subscription can not be paid monthly.
Can I change the type of the subscription?
Sure. Acces this link for details: How to change subscription type.
If you issue an invoice to a client in Romania, then:
– click on ‘+Add’, then select ‘Invoice’
– select currency and exchange rate
– select the language you want to issue the invoice
– you can also choose if the invoice will appear in Euro and Ron or Ron only
– follow the usual steps for adding an invoice.
*The exchange rate can be set manually or automatically by pressing the blue button next to the box, taking over the BNR exchange rate of that day.
*You will be able to view the invoice in the selected language immediately after you save it in PDF format.
Yes, you can exceed the number of users included in the subscription. In this case, you have two options:
– you pay 6 lei extra per month for each additional user or
– upgrade to a larger subscription that allows you more users
Find out here what you have to do to upgrade or downgrade your subscription.
To create an invoice and a receipt on the same sheet, follow the same steps as when you want to make an invoice (find out here how to add an invoice).
When you create the invoice, under the invoice fields, select ‘Template & Design’ as shown:
Once you have completed the required invoice and receipt details, they will look like the following:
Follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘Add’ and select the document you need (in our case an invoice).
- Fill in the invoice details with the relevant details.
– do not forget to select the currency and the due date (unless you have already set the default values and these data will automatically fill in)
- Save the invoice as a draft first, and after you make sure all the information is correct, save it as issued.
*Other important information:*
– your company data is automatically populated (find out here how you enter the company data)
– the invoice number will populate automatically after you define a series (find out here how you define an invoice series)
– you can describe the product or service manually or you can add a product or service from the product list on the computer (find out here how you add a new product / a new service or how you import a product / services list from your computer)
– if at the product description you select a product from your list of products, then the unit of measure and the price will be automatically filled
– find out here how you can add a discount.
– at notes, for example, you can write, ‘cf contract no. X from DD.MM.YYYY’
– find out here how you set the default values, to further automate the process of issuing a document (information such as due date, exchange rate, emitter, etc. to generate automatically whenever you issue a document; or how do you make a periodic invoice sent to the client on a regular basis).
– find out here how you change the invoice design / template.
Once you’ve verified that all information is correct, save the invoice as issued and send it to the customer by mail or fax; or you can print it.
– Click on ‘Other’, then select ‘Work log’, then, from the sub-menu, ‘Invoicing worked hours’;
– Select the client, the project (if you have multiple projects on the same client) and the period you wish to issue the invoice or proforma (‘detailed’ and ‘summary’ refer to the description of the services on the invoice);
– Click on ‘Issue the invoice’. Automatically, your invoice has been generated on the client, the project, and the work loged hours. You can send it as usual to the customer, by e-mail or fax.
You can always switch from one subscription to another. You can also change the subscription payment range at any time. The procedure is very simple and lasts only two minutes, everything is done online.
To do this, follow the steps:
Select from the main menu ‘My company’, then select ‘factureaza.ro Subscription’
Choose the new type of your subscription and payment period.
An additional document to the adhesion contract will be generated reflecting changes in the account type and the payment period. Confirm acceptance of the additional document after reviewing it.
You will receive a copy of the additional document that is generated by changing the account type and payout interval. It takes effect immediately, so you’ll have instant access to the features of the new type of plan you choose.
As long as the permissions system is inactive, you can only have administrators users (with full rights and access to all documents) or pioneer users (who can only introduce work logs on projects). Find out more about users type and about how to add new users.
How do you add restricted users?
- Activate permission system
– Click on ‘My company’, then ‘Users and permission’
– Click on the green button ‘Enable’
– Ready, the permission system is now active and you can restrict existing users’ access or create new users who have restricted access from the start.
- Add a restricted user
– From the list of users, click on the icon to change the data from the user you are interested in;
– Uncheck the ‘Account admin (can make any changes)’ box in the newly opened window containing the user’s data;
– Remember to save;
– If you want to restrict the rights of a new user, then when you create his account, all you have to do is NOT TO CHECK the ‘Account admin (can make any changes)’ box.
Remember to save.
– The rights to a document can never be limited to an administrator or the issuer of that document.
– Users with Free or Basic Accounts do not have access to the permissions system.
You can have two types of users on your account at factureaza.ro:
– admins (with full rights);
– users who can add work logs (which, as the name says, can only introduce hours worked on a particular project).
If you use the permissions system, you can still have one type of user, namely:
– restricted users (which may be restricted access to one or more documents or to one or more document series).
*Important: the permission system only exists for Standard, Business, and Premium. Find out how to change your subscription.
How to add a new user:
– From ‘My company’ menu, then click on ‘Users and permission’;
– Click on ‘+Add user’ button;
– Fill in the user’s data in the relevant fields;
– Select ‘Work log access (can introduce only work logs)’ option, that the user only has the work log access.
–Leave the ‘Account Administrator’ option for the user to have restricted access (action possible only if you have enabled the permissions system).
Work logging means the recording of worked hours by a person in a given time, for the purpose of calculating a payment. On factureaza.ro, this option exists to be able to issue invoices or proforms to your customers based on the hours worked by you and / or your employees on a particular project.
It is a useful option when the activity you perform is of the type that is generally budgeting by worked hours (e.g.: counseling, legal, financial, management; but also other types of services: programming, web design, graphic design etc.)
Read more at how to add a work log.
This option allows you to enter the hours worked by you and / or your employees on a particular project. You can then automatically issue invoices or proforms to your customers based on hours worked. Follow the steps:
– Click on ‘+Add’, then select ‘Work log’
– or click on ‘+Add work log’ button after you’ve already entered to ‘Work log’ from the main menu
– Fill in the fields with the hours worked and their description.
– Click on ‘Add new work log’ button to save the information.
– Now you have all the information to get an invoice from work log.
*Important*: to enter worked hours in the work log system, you must first define a project.
Your account on factureaza.ro can have multiple users, each with rights and its limitations. Namely:
– admins (can make any changes)
– restricted users (to which access to a certain type of document may be restricted)
– work log access (which, as the name says, can only introduce worked hours on a particular project)
Any of the above users can enter worked hours in the work log system of your company account on factureaza.ro. So if several people work on a particular project, you can automatically generate a single invoice that will include all of them.
How do I add a user who can enter work logs?
- First you need to add that user who can enter work logs to the list of users:
– From ‘My company’ menu, click on ‘Users and permission’
– Click ‘+Add user’ button
– Fill in the user data in the relevant fields and select the option ‘Work log access (can introduce only work logs)’
– The person you have just created an account for, with work log access, will receive the log-in details on factureaza.ro by email.
– The user can enter into the application without access to any information other than that related to the project it is entitled to add work logs. You are the one who must grant this right, as explained below.
- After you have completed the 1st step, you can add a work log access user to a project:
– From the menu ‘Others’, select ‘Work log’ and then click on ‘Projects’.
– From the projects list, select the one you are interested in and click on the edit icon, as is shown below.
– If you have not yet defined a project, then find out how to add a new project.
– Whether you are editing an older project or creating a new one, click on the user who can enter work logs on the project.
Remember to save the information!
To introduce working hours in the work log system, you must first define a project. Follow the steps:
– Select ‘Work log’ from the ‘Others’ menu and select ‘Project’;
– Fill in the fields with your project information. And do not forget to choose the client for which you are doing the project (if it’s a new client that does not appear in your account, then first enter the client in the clients list);
Once you’ve added the project, you can move to the next stage, namely to the work log.
An invoice can be cancelled from the invoice details view page using the menu on the left of the invoice (see picture below).
Alternatively to cancellation, an invoice may be reversed or deleted:
Once cancelled, the invoice can be recovered if necessary.
You can always change your company data. Click on your company name in the top left corner, or select ‘My Company’ from the top right menu.
Here, you can change all your company information that appears on your invoices.
*Note* but: on the already generated invoices, the data will not be updated. To update them, follow these steps.
If you have defined more bank account at your company details, you can choose which one to appear on the invoice (or on your proforma, notice or receipt).
When generating a new document, you will notice that all bank accounts appear in a box in the lower right-corner menu. If you do not want any of these accounts to appear on that document, you can deselect it.
You can add as many bank accounts you want on the invoice. To do this, follow the steps in the pictures below:
All the accounts you enter will appear on the invoices.
*Note!* On invoices already issued, these changes will not be automatically retrieved. If you want the newly added accounts on the invoices already issued to appear, you must open those documents again and select the accounts in the lower-right corner as shown below:
There are two ways to add a receipt:
- From main menu
– click on ‘+Add’, then select ‘Receipt’
- Starting from the invoice for which you want to add a receipt
– from the list of invoices, click ‘+’ that is on the same line as the one you are interested in
In both ways you reach a page where you can add a receipt.
3. Directly from the details invoice view page, click on ‘Add a receipt’
In both ways you reach a page where you can add a receipt.
If you issue the receipt for the full amount on the invoice, do not forget to close the invoice as paid.
*Other important information:*
– when you have a long list of invoices or if you have to issue a receipt for an older invoice, it may be harder to find that invoice directly from the chronological list: we advise you to use searching options.
– the receipt number will automatically fill in after you define a series (find out here how to define a document series).
– find out here how to change the receipt design / template (for example, you can choose the invoice and the receipt to be on the same page).
1. Manually reversing
Below the invoice table lines, you can enter the reversing information:
‘Total reversed’ field is very important because it specifies the amount that will be reversed on the reversed invoice. This amount will be deducted from the overdue reversed invoice overdue.
– we issue the invoice F1 with a total amount of 100 RON
– we issue the invoice F2 with a total amount of -20 RON and ‘total reversed’ of 20 RON
– the invoice F1 will have an overdue amount of 80 RON
– the invoice F2 will have an overdue amount of 0
2. Automatically reversing
A reversing invoice can be generated very easily on the basis of an existing invoice in two ways:
– position by position
Using any of these features will generate a reversing invoice with all the completed data.
*Note: if you change something on reversing invoice automatically generated, you’ll need to update the ‘Total reversed’!*
In the invoice details list, the last column contains the reversing information.
After you’ve added a new subscription to be able to issue recurrent invoices, you first need to define an invoice model for that subscription. Let’s take an example of a hosting service subscription (hosting site):
– At ‘Name’ I have written the name of the subscription and the variable DOMENIU_GAZDUIT (both defined at the previous step, when we’ve created the recurrent.)
– At the Unit Measure we put ‘month’.
– At the quantity we put 3 (the same number of months that we specified when we created the recurrent.)
– As a standard price subscription, at the ‘unit price’ we put 30 lei.
(If you choose a recurrent with a variable price, the price of the first line item in the invoice model will be ignored and will be overwritten with the value of the variable PRET_1)
– You can also add discounts, expedition data, etc. as for any other invoice (learn more about how to add an invoice).
– At ‘Lower annotation’ we used CONTRACT, variable, so that for each subscriber the corresponding contract number will be passed to the invoice.
– Save invoice template.
Now you can go to the next step, which is how to add subscribers.
If you offer regular invoicing services, then the easiest way is to use the recurrent system that allows you:
– to define recurrents (see below),
To add a new recurrent, follow the steps:
- Click on ‘+Add’ and select ‘Recurrent’.
2.Let’s take the example of creating a subscription for hosting services (hosting websites):
– I chose the standard subscription type because I want the price to be the same for each subscriber
(Choose the type of recurrent with the editable price if you want to be able to set the price of the first line of the invoice for each individual subscriber)
– we gave the subscription a relevant name, namely ‘Hosting Services 3 Months’
– we chose the payment to be made in advance every three months (so the customer will receive an invoice once every three months and will pay for anticipated hosting services for the next 3 months)
– I chose invoices to be issued on the 15th of each invoicing month
– I chose the prefix of the invoice series from which this subscription will issue invoices
– I composed the text of the mail that will be sent to the customer together with the invoice
– I have defined the email address where I want to receive a copy of the mail that will be sent to the client
*How do I use advanced settings
1.Check ‘penalties’, the ‘previous balance’ if you want recurrent invoices to include non-payment penalties and the balance of your previous invoice
2. Creates variables that appear on the invoice
The variables are useful if you want a specific subscriber specific information to appear on each invoice. For example, you want each invoice to contain the contract number, the date of the contract (these variables can appear on the invoice at ‘Name’ or ‘Description).
Follow the stepts to create a variable:
– as a name, write the marker (the variable name), which will then be replaced by the information you define when create a new subscriber.
– at the description explain in a few words what this variable means.
– if you check ‘required’, you will not be able to add a new subscriber without giving that variable.
– click on ‘+Add’, to create other variables.
*For more information about penalties and the previous balance, click the ‘i’ button
– Click on ‘Add recurrent template’ to define to define an invoice template for a recurrent.
Only invoices issued by recurrents with penalty calculations will automatically contain penalties.
When issuing an invoice from a recurrent with penalties, the following invoices will generate penalties:
– all opened invoices
– all closed invoices for which a payment, or receipt has been registered for the period for which the invoice is issued
Other closed invoices *will not* incur penalties.
The reason for 2. is given by the following example:
* we assume the existence of subscription A
* Subscription A generated the F1 bill on January 1, due on January 15th
* F1 invoice was fully paid and closed on January 25th
* Subscription A will generate the F2 invoice on February 1 and will include penalties for the F1 invoice, 10 days delay for January 15-25 period.
– Click ‘Others’, then ‘Recurrents’, then click on the desired subscription name, where you find the ‘+ New Subscriber’ button and click on it;
-In the new open page, I first select the client to become a subscriber;
– We have completed the date on which the subscription will begin and the date on which it will end (if there is a contract that does not have the end time, we do not complete the ‘Invoiced until’) boxes;
– I left the issue day defined in step 1 How to add a recurrent (you can change the day of issue if it is needed for a particular client). ;
– We have specified that for this customer we have already invoiced hosting services by January 2018, so the first invoice issued for this client will cover the February-April 2018 period.
(normally you do not have to fill in the ‘Invoiced to’ field, it will update automatically every time the recurrent runs);
– As email I passed the address where the client will receive the invoices;
– Because at step 1 How to add a recurrent we have defines two variables, CONTRACT and DOMENIU_GAZDUIT, I fill in and those fields with specific information (they will then appear on the invoice issued to the customer, where we passed the values on the invoice template created at step 2;
– After saving, the client will be added to the subscribers list.
Now, I can run the recurrent. By running, the recurrent will issue invoices to all its subscribers.
From now on, you’ll receive notifications whenever you have recurrents to run to issue invoices to subscribers. Factureaza.ro will not automatically issue your invoices, this process must be started by running the recurrent.
After you have defined one or more recurrents and then you have added subscribers to those recurrents, you can run the recurrent. When running a recurrent, invoices will automatically be issued to subscribers. Follow the steps:
– From the recurrent list, click the ‘Run the recurrent’ icon.
– In the new opened page you will see a list of invoices to subscribers, invoices that are scheduled to be issued by the recurrent at this time;
– Click ‘Run the recurrent’.
– All invoices selected in the previous step will be issued and emailed to subscribers.
- Click on ‘Clients’ menu.
- Click on the blue ‘Export’ button and choose the format you prefer.
- The application will automatically generate a file in the format you chose in step 2), a file containing the list of all the clients registered in your account on factureaza.ro.
Similar steps are available for how do I export a product list also.
- Click on ‘Products’ menu;
- Click the blue ‘Export’ button and choose the format you prefer;
- The application will automatically generate a file in the format you chose in step 2), a file containing the list of all the products registered in your account on factureaza.ro.
Similar steps are available for how to export a clients list.
If you enter to ‘Raports’ menu, then ‘Invoices’, you can see all the invoices you’ve created since you signed up factureaza.ro. Invoices can have 4 states:
– draft (when you are still working on it and you’re not ready to issue it)
– issued (when you’ve verified it and everything is correct and you’re ready to sent it by email or fax to the client)
– closed (after you have registered the payment or you have reversed the invoice)
In the image below you can see such a list of invoices. There is an icon for each one that defines the state:
To open an invoice from the list above, click on its number. Now you can see the details, modify it, send it to the customer, or print it.
Click on details to view the invoice. Among other things, from here, you can:
– find out if the invoice is due
– see an invoice history (when it was created, modified, issued, and by whom; when it was sent to the customer)
– change its state: add a payment (with or without receipt), cancel, edit, delete, or add a receipt
– we do not advise you to delete an invoice if you have already issued another in the meantime (you will create a serial discontinuity): you can cancel or reverse it (consult the accountant first!)
-we do not advise you to modify an invoice after you have sent it to the customer
On the details page of each document, you will find a history of all changes that users registered in the company account on factureaza.ro made on that document.
Thus, from the invoice view page, right-bottom corner, you can see:
– when the invoice was created and by whom (if multiple users are registered on the account);
– when and how many times it has been modified
– when it was issued
– you can click on the client’s name to find out details about it
This feature is very useful when your business involves issuing documents or contracts to different cliens in one of the formats docx, doc (MS Word), PDF, RTF, TXT sau ODT (such as contracts, warranties, roadmaps, etc).
So, instead of handwriting client data every time, it’s simpler to make a standard document, and then, from this document, you can automatically create new documents specific to each client (factureaza.ro will automatically enter customer data and then generate a contract in one of the formats listed above).
So, to use this feature, you first have to create a standard document template and then, based on the standard document, you can create new documents.
Once you have created a new standard document, you can create a new document. Follow the next steps:
- Click on ‘Add’, where you select ‘Template document’ submenu.
– select standard document
– choose the client for which you will create your new document
– give a new document number to your internal management
– select the date
In the new document which factureaza.ro will create here, all the demarcators entered by you in the template document (###NUME_CLIENT###, ###ADRESA_COMPLETA_CLIENT### and so on) will be replaced with specific customer data (retrieved from the data that you have entered about that customer on factureaza.ro). After ‘Number/Document name’ and ‘Date’ these will replace the markers ###NUMAR_DOCUMENT### and ###DATA_DOCUMENT### from the contract.
– click on ‘Create template document’ button
-you can then view the standard document following Step 1 above, where you can export the document in ZIP format, edit or delete it. To download it, click on the document number where a new page opens.From this page you also have the opportunity to send it by e-mail, as in the picture below.
Let’s take an example for creating a contract:
- On your computer, write the text of a standard contract for a particular type of service (accepted formats: DOCX, DOC(MS Word), ODT, RTF, TXT). On the contract data, use the following markers*:
###PRET_SERVICII### (if you have defined a standard price for a particular service in your account on factureaza.ro)
On the client data, use the following markers*:
*Subsequently, factureaza.ro will replace these markers with the customer data you choose from factureaza.ro when you create a new document.
You can use any marker in the form ###DEMARCATOR_CUSTOM### – not just the default ones that will automatically replace. You will be able to complete the ‘custom’ markers manually when you make a document from a standard document template. For example, on a rental agreement would be the address of a real estate or on a hosting agreement could be the site or site address.
- Click on ‘Add’, where you select the ‘Template Documents’ sub-menu.
3.Click the ‘Template documents’ button, then ‘+ Add a Template’ (that is, you will load on factureaza.ro the contract that you wrote in step 1.
– ‘Name’: name the contract in the app, so you can find it later
– Select the file from your computer (the contract) and upload it in the app
– Click on ‘Add a template’
- Once you load the file, you can also set default demarcator values. In the following images you can see just a few examples.
- Once standard document uploaded (in our case a standard contract), you can go directly to the next step, namely creating a new document from a standard document.
You can download the template by going to ‘Other’, then ‘Template Documents’, from where you access ‘Templates’. You will see the list of templates and click on the Name of the template and download as shown in the picture below.
You can not issue any document (invoice, pro forma, receipt, notice) without defining a series. Find out here what is a fiscal document series. To define a series of invoices, follow the steps (also valid for receipts, proforms and notices).
- From the main menu click on ‘Configurations’, click on ‘Series’ submenu, as in the following pictures:
- Click on ‘+Add a new invoice series’ button.
- Choose the type of document for which you want a new series (invoices, proforms, receipts or notices) and then fill in the fields as in the picture below. To save the series, click ‘Add new series for invoices’.
- You can add a series directly from the document editing page.
- Ready, you can now issue a document with the newly defined series or choosing from a series list if you have defined more, as explained above.
Yes, an invoice issued may be changed if:
– you have not already sent it to the customer or
– after you have sent it, the client asks you to change the invoice (only if it is not already entered in the accounting)
If one of the two conditions is violated, then better:
*Important*: be careful if you delete an invoice because you can interrupt the sequencing of the numbering and you will have discontinuity in invoices; which could cause you problems with the Financial Administration.
Introducing a new product / service into the product list in your account on factureza.ro helps you add invoices faster and avoid possible mistakes more easily.
There are three ways to add a product:
- From the application home page, following the steps:
– Click ‘Products’ in the main horizontal menu.
– Click on ‘+ Add new product’ button;
– Complete the product or service data and remember to save.
– From now on, whenever you issue an invoice or a proforma, you can select from the list, the product or service you sell; price fields and unit of measure will automatically populate into the invoice.
- From the invoice editing page, clicking the circle button in the image, after completing the fields in the invoice:
- From the home page, access the ‘+ Add’ button, then click on ‘Product’. Fill in the fields as in the image shown in 1. and save.
Alternatively, find out here how to import a products / services list.
On factureaza.ro you can directly import from your computer a list of company’s products or services (valid for import clients list also) Follow a few simple steps:
- Click on ‘Products’ menu
- Click the blue ‘Import’ button
3.Uploads the file in one of the supported formats: Excel (xls, xlsx), Open Office Calc (ods) or .csv, JSON, XML.
- Click ‘Upload file’ to import your list of products or services into the company account on factureaza.ro
You have two options: either from the ‘Clients’ menu or directly from the page where you create a new document (invoice, proform, receipt or notice).
- Enter a new customer from the ‘Clients’ menu:
– Click ‘Clients’ from the main horizontal menu.
– Click the ‘+ Add a client’ button
– fill in data and do not forget to save.
*Plus value:* after you gave completed the UID, click on the next field and some of the client details will automatically complete from the Tax Payers data base.
- Enter a new customer from the page where you create a new document (take as example an invoice):
– Click ‘+ Add’ and then ‘Invoice’.
– Click ‘+ add new client’ button;
– Fill in the client data and remember to save (as in the picture above).
Alternatively, find out here how to import a clients list from your computer.
On factureaza.ro, you can import directly from your computer, a list of company’s clients (is also valid for import products or services list) Follow a few simple steps:
- Click the ‘Clients’ button
- Click the ‘Import’ blue button
- Load the file in one of the supported formats: Excel (xls, xlsx), CSV, XML, JSON
- Click ‘Upload file’ to import your customer list into the company account on factureaza.ro.
The invoice issuer can be added to the invoice using the ‘Lower annotation’ field at the bottom of the invoice edit form. Inserted text will automatically make some replacements. For example, ‘NUME_UTILIZATOR’ will be replaced with the name of the issuer.
The other fields that will be automatically replaced can be found on the invoice edit form.
– Default values for invoice notes
You can define default values for invoice notes that will be automatically retrieved when you add a new invoice. To do so, go to the ‘Configurations’ -> ‘Default Values’
When you edit the invoice, you can then edit the ‘Lower annotation’ field if needed.
Default values are parameters that, once predefined, allow you to issue documents faster and easier, automating the process. Instead of completing a range of fields by hand, whenever you issue a document, the fields will automatically populate for you. Follow the steps:
- Click on ‘Configurations’, menu ‘Default values’ and complete with relevant information
2. Complete then the field to to establish the invoicing default values and Notes / Explanations default values.
Remember to save the information!
- Click on ‘My company’ from the top right.
- Click on ‘Branch offices’. In the new opened page, complete the branch office data and remember to save the information.
3. If you want the branch office to appear on the invoice (whether you have one, or you have to choose from several), when you edit the invoice, do not forget to explicitly select the branch office:
Note: on already generated invoices, the data will not be updated. To update them, follow these steps.
Once an invoice has been saved, any changes made to the data used on the invoice (customer data, your business, bank accounts, addresses, etc.), *will not be automatically updated into the invoice*.
This ensures the integrity of an invoice no matter what happens later.
If you want to modify the data on an already saved invoice, you will need to enter the invoice edit form (the invoice must be reopened if it is no longer draft), and you will have to check on the form the updating box.
If you’ve changed your bank account and want to add your new account instead of the old one on an already issued invoice, check the box in the lower-right corner.
Do not forget to update the information!
SSL is a cryptographic protocol that allows safe data transfer over the Internet. Read more here.
HTTPS is a secure communication protocol that uses an SSL stream to transfer data. An HTTPS connection is usually used to make online payments, Internet banking and other sensitive data transfers. Read more here.
Factureaza.ro uses HTTPS connections so that your data can be transmitted in maximum security.
More about data security here.
There are multiple copies of your data security. Namely:
– Backups of all information on two different hardware systems, located in different data centers. These copies are updated periodically.
– Backups of documents on your e-mail: You can receive weekly or monthly zip archives with all the documents created or modified by you in the last time on your account at factureaza.ro.
*How to set up email -backup*
– Click the ‘Configurations’ menu at the top right, and then click on ‘Backup’.
– In the new open page, fill in the e-mail address you want to receive the zip archive and then select the interval you want to receive the documents (weekly or monthly).
– Do not forget to save.
You can always quit your account at Factureaza.ro.
To do this, follow the steps in the following pictures:
By pressing the ‘Close the account’ button and confirming the action, your account will be disabled. You will no longer receive any messages or notices.
You can print your invoice from the invoice details view page as follows:
Or it can be downloaded in PDF format. Printing is then done using any software that can open PDF files (for example, Adobe Reader).
You can download the invoice in PDF format quickly:
* In the invoice report, selecting the desired invoice
*or from the left menu of the invoice details view page!
Why is the PDF format good?
Because it ensures that the invoice will look the same, regardless of the computer and the software used for printing.
But, moreover, you can change your invoice design, as well as colors and fonts (only for paid subscriptions) Follow the steps:
- Click on ‘Configurations’ menu.
- Click on ‘Colors & fonts’ submenu.
– select a profile (once you’ve chosen, you’ll see the changes on the demo invoice below – a real-time preview);
– You can choose: colors (for titles – including company and client name, links, table margins table background and inside text) and fonts (type and size);
– to change colors, click the color box you are interested in and open a window from where you can choose the right color;
-you can choose a font for text outside the table of products and services and another font for the text inside the table;
– fonts have settings that allow you to change the font size in multiple places on the invoice;
At the end, do not forget to save. And if you do not like what it looks like, you can always go back to the original settings.
Before you can issue an invoice or any other document (and even after, if you have not already sent it to the customer), you can change how it looks on the page (the design or the template).
You may prefer that the invoice appear three times on an A4 or you also have the receipt on the same page with the invoice, or you need a design that allows you to invoice a long list of services. All of this and a few more are found on the invoicing page, just below the invoice fields.
Each type of document (invoice, proforma, receipt, notice) has its set of templates, and for each one you choose following the same steps.
To view the document, you need to save it first (first, we suggest you save it as a draft).
To automate the process, you can also set a default template, that will apply automatically to each document you issue.
If you want your company logo to appear on the invoices and other generated documents, follow the steps in the following pictures:
For good display quality, the image should have a width of about 400 pixels. The accepted formats are JPG, GIF şi PNG.
If you use the ‘invoice + receipt on A4’ template and you want the invoice logo size to be equal to the size of the logo in the receipt, you will need to use a logo that is larger than the height – for example 400×180 pixels.
Note: All documents issued before adding or changing the logo, will remain unchanged. To regenerate them with the new logo / new logo, you will need to edit them by checking the box as shown below:
To export an invoice to SAGA, you must:
*Identify the invoice in ‘Reports’ ‘Invoices’ and then click on the invoice number;
*In the left menu of the invoice, you will find the ‘Export SAGA’ function;
*Click on ‘Export SAGA’ and generate a file: save this file. Remember the directory where you saved it.
*Enter then in ‘SAGA’ and imports the resulting file from the directory where you saved it.
Details of saga accounting programs: (external) www.sagasoft.ro
The payment term of an invoice, changes from the invoice edit page (see picture below).
(Due Date = Invoice Date + X Days)!
Add or change the field ‘Due in … X … days’. The invoice will become due on X (number entered) days after the issue date.
You can always export the data associated with your account. To do this, follow the steps in the following pictures:
1. Click on your user icon, and fron the new-opened menu, click on ‘User profile’ or ‘My company’
Then click on the ‘factureaza.ro Subscription’, where you will have the option ‘Export account data’
By pressing the ‘Export account data’ button and confirming the action, all data associated with your account will be exported in XML format to your e-mail address.
The law says that all phisical or legal persons performing income producing activities, are required to provide an internal numbering system for the financial accounting forms used. That means, at the beginning of each financial year (which in Romania coincides with the beginning of the calendar year), you need to define a series of invoices, proforms, receipts and notices that you will issue in that year to your customers.
The series contain three types of denominations:
-Prefix (optional): Useful for better invoices organization, if you issue monthly invoices, on various services and products and / or at different branch offices. For example, Prod or Serv (if the invoice issued is on a product or service); or BV or SB (if the invoice issued is in Brasov or Sibiu branch office).
– Number (mandatory): it can start with any number you want (once this parameter is defined, the document numbers are given automatically by the system in sequential order).
– Suffix (optional): here you can put, for example, the year you issued the invoice, so you can find it easier then; or, if you also have multiple products and services and multiple branch offices, then you can put in the prefix to the product / service and in the suffix put the abbreviation of the county where the branch office is located.
– ‘Sepparator’ refers to the character (sign) you want to put between the prefix, number and series (for example, a short line, a point, a dash, etc.).
Here are some examples of complete invoice series, with prefix, number, and suffix:
– HOST-100-SB (representing invoice 100, issued on the web hosting service, from Sibiu branch office);
– SOFT-100-2012 (representing invoice 100, issued on the software service in 2012);
– BV-100-2012 (representing invoice 100, issued from the Brasov branch office in 2012).
What you need to remember is that:
– Defining a number is mandatory, while the prefix and suffix are optional, and you can use them to better organize your invoices on the category that interests you the most: service types or products, branch offices , years, or any important criteria for your business.
-To be able to issue an invoice, a proforma, a receipt or a notice to a customer, you must first define a series for each.
Starting January 1, 2013, the new VAT system came into force, which, for some companies, requires payment of the tax on the invoice payment, not the invoice issue.
If you fall into the above category, you are required by the fiscal code that from January 1, 2013, on all your issued invoices to appear ‘VAT on payment’ note. To enable this option, follow these steps:
- From your account on factureaza.ro, click on the ‘My Company’ menu.
2.Check the ‘Pays VAT on payment’ box in the ‘Tax and fiscal data’ submenu.
From now on, the ‘VAT on payment’ will appear on all invoices issued by you, placed below the due date.
If for some reason you want to issue an invoice that does not show the ‘VAT on payment’ then in the invoice:
– Click on ‘Special VAT’ VAT on payment’;
– then unselect the ‘VAT on payment’ box.
If you have any doubts about paying VAT on payment, ask the accountant. You can read more on this topic here.
Authorized persons or companies not registered for VAT purposes will use the VAT code of the Intra-Community Operators Register (IOR) when issuing intra-Community invoices. Read more here.
If you are in this situation, then go to the ‘Tax and fiscal Data’ on ‘My Company’ Menu and fill in as follows:
– write the CIF into the corresponding box (you will use it on your internal invoices);
– write the VAT code (RO followed by the number) into the appropriate box (you will use it on intra-Community invoices).
– DON’T CHECK ‘VAT payer’ box.
You now have all the correct data so you can easily issue both internal invoices and intra-Community invoices.
So if you issue an invoice in Romania, you will select the CIF (and the invoice will not contain the VAT column).
If you issue an invoice in the EU, you will select the VAT code for intra-Community transactions, and in this case:
– the invoice will contain the VAT column;
– VAT is 0;
– in the ‘Notes’ box, should specify the reason why the transaction is exempt from VAT (for example, ‘Excluded under Art 143 lit b, c’ or which applies to you).
Online invoicing is a 100% legal procedure. It is actually an effective alternative to issuing invoices using standard invoices (pre-printed or made in Ms Office).
However, it should be noted that the online invoice is not the same as the electronic invoice and that you can not issue electronic invoices by factureaza.ro.
In fact, it’s much simpler to issue online invoices – everything in accordance with the law, through factureaza.ro. Online invoices must not contain any signature or stamp, and you can issue and send them to the clients in 2 minutes. Without any hassles and no roads to finance.
The procedure for issuing electronic invoices is complicated and involves a number of administrative financial efforts on the part of the issuer. Generally, only large companies only affords to issue electronic invoices because it requires strict conditions imposed by law.
For example, the issuer must have the appropriate technical and human resources to guarantee the security, reliability and continuity of electronic data processing services. Moreover, the issuer of electronic invoices must register for this purpose at the Ministry of Finance. Also, this type of document must be signed with an electronic signature and have the temporal mark.
For more information on the electronic invoice,
There are two ways you can search for documents, products, customers in your account.
- ‘Quick search’:
Search for a document, a client, or a product by:
– the name of the client, product;
– document series (prefix, number, suffix), product code;
– the amount on the invoice
But if you need a complete search system with all the documents you’ve ever created, then:
- Use ‘Generate report’:
– Enter into the category of documents you are interested in (invoices, proforms, receipts, opinions), select the criteria that interests you and generate the report. The image below shows the invoices search criteria:
*There are also special reports that can be generated by accessing ‘Reports’ from the horizontal menu, then clicking on ‘Special Reports’
Special reports refer to client metrics and statistics, clients distribution by activity domain, clients distribution by turnover segment, clients distribution by employees count. You can download the report in Excel format.
To download one or more invoices, go to the ‘Reports’ menu, then ‘Invoices’.
If you want to filter, sort or group by specific criteria, click the search criteria as in the image (for example, in the image selected as search criteria is ‘issued’ and ‘paid invoices’). Once the search criteria have been chosen, click on the ‘Generate report’ button:
Now you can choose the format in which you want to download invoices from the top of the invoice list after clicking on the ‘Download’ button:
In some rare situations, documents (invoices, receipts, proforms, notices) do not appear correctly on some versions of the Mac OS – more specifically, characters are missing.
This happens only when a document is opened with Mac Preview – the problem does not appear on any other reader and on any other operating system.
In these cases, please download a free PDF reader from the Internet (a reader is a program for viewing documents in PDF format). For MacOS there are the following alternatives: Adobe Reader Skim or PDF View.
Using the alternate reader, you will be able to view without any problems any document issued through factureaza.ro.
Although it should not normally occur, it may happen that a number of invoices remain unallocated.
If you have, for example, the * FACT-XXXX * series, from which the invoices * FACT-0001 *, * FACT-0002 *, * FACT-0003 * but missing the invoice * FACT-0184 *.
To be able to automatically detect all these gaps (holes) in series, there is a verification function exemplified in the graph below.
You can always quit your account at Factureaza.ro and delete the data associated with your account. To do this, follow the steps in the following pictures:
Then click on ‘Factureaza.ro subscription’, where you will have the ‘Delete Account’ option.
By pressing the ‘Delete account’ button and confirming the action, all data associated with your account will be deleted. You will no longer receive any messages or notices.
It may happen that your client’s data (legal persons) change their data, and it is very important for you to be notified about this, because the invoices to them, and the contracts concluded with them, must be correct. In the new factureaza.ro application, you have this possibility, following the steps:
After clicking ‘Notification Settings’ at the bottom of the page that opens, check the box shown in the image to enable automatic notification of changes to your clients data.
Do not forget to save!
You will receive a message like you can see in the picture below. Both, old and new data are displayed. For a quick update, click on the text highlighted with blue ‘Click Here’.
* Note: carefully check all changes before saving!
Once you click on ‘Click Here’, a window with your client’s outdated data will open in your account. To not edit the data manually, click on ‘Sync client company data for UID (this UID will appear here)’.
After syncing and checking the data, click on ‘Update the client’.
If you want to disable this feature, uncheck the check box in the above image, following the same steps.
To send an invoice to the debt collector agent (STRAETUS), there are two ways you can do this.
2. Also from ‘Reports’ ‘Invoices’ click on the invoice number you want, and on the left-hand column click on ‘Debt collection’.
Once you select this option, the contact data register form of your debtor customer will appear.
Complete them, then click on ‘Send the invoice to the debt collector agent’ and the invoice reaches the STRAETUS team.